When I went back to Korea to take my leave of absence from school, I lived and died for beauty subscription boxes and have been thoroughly spoiled. Since coming back to Chicago, I have been looking for something similar, but not makeup related as I knew I would soon get drowned in those. Luckily enough, I was approached by Rocksbox and was offered a free trial--and let me tell you, this is a total gem!
Just to get the full hang of how Rocksbox worked, I waited until I received my first box, sent it back, and received the second one for this review. So here's what I have been able to make out of Rocksbox so far:
1. For $19 a month (use the code haekunamatataxoxo to get your first month free) you get unlimited jewelry rentals. In other words, each Rocksbox comes with 3 items of jewelry that you can wear however many times your heart desires, and then return the box for a new set however many times you wish in a month.
2. There's a member's discount on each jewelry item you receive, and you can decide either to keep any or return them all. Just send back the items you don't want, and you will not be charged anything other than your monthly fee. Plus, every member gets $10 to spend each month.
3. You would need to sign up on Rocksbox website, and when you do it will ask you for your credit card. There will be a $25 validation test, but do not fear--it will be voided immediately. (I for one do not trust anything and anyone, so I kept checking my credit card until I noticed that the fee was indeed voided, and I remain a happy customer).
4. When you sign up, you will be completing a survey for Rocksbox stylists to get a hang of what your favorites and styles are. You can also place items in your wish list, which is what I did because I did not want all three items to be a complete surprise. What I noticed was that my stylist chose one item from the wishlist, and then chose two others to match it.
5. Each shipment and returns are free! The return label comes with your Rocksbox. Also, I was quite impressed with how the returns were processed. Within a day of returning my Rocksbox, I received an email telling me to provide feedbacks on the jewelry items on my previous box to expedite the next shipment, and as soon as that was processed, I received a tracking number for my second Rocksbox! Speedy and efficient, I LIKE!
So now, let me show you what I received for my first Rocksbox:
The items I received were:
1. Brianna Bracelet by Perry Street, $44 ($35 for subscribers)
2. Geometric Pendant Necklace by SLATE, $50 ($40 for subscribers)
3. Mae Shimmer Solitaire Ring Set by Gorjana, $48 ($38 for subscribers)
Of the three, I must say that I liked (more like LOVED) the bracelet the most. The colors were absolutely gorgeous and so perfect for spring and summer. I did not really enjoy the necklace but then again that one was what I had in my wishlist so I cannot complain. The ring set was perfect for every day look, and the design of rose gold ring in between the other two yellow gold rings was brilliant.
I sent my first box back, and within a week received a second one with a fun quote. I wrote in the comment that I would prefer not to receive any earrings as I am a queen of losing all earrings. So this set is also composed of a bracelet, necklace, and a ring:
1. Moonsong Midi Ring by Jenny Bird, $44 ($35 for subscribers)
2. Teagan Cuff by Gorjana, $120 ($96 for subscribers)
3. Spectrum Necklace by SLATE, $68 ($54 for subscribers)
And again, every subscriber gets $10 Shine Spend each month to purchase any jewelry item in the box.
Anyhow, I pondered till the end whether I should keep the ring or not because it was so unique and beautiful, but I decided to wait till the third box and hope for the perfect one!
Don't you just love the feeling of anticipation before opening subscription boxes? What is your favorite subscription box? And as always, thank you so much for reading my blog! :)
Disclaimer: I was given a free trial from RocksBox and received no monetary compensation for this review. If you sign up using the promo code on this website, you will get a discount and I will receive a credit to use on my next purchase. All opinions are 100% my own.